COMMUNICATIONS WORKERS OF AMERICA
(BARGAINING UNIT 3106)
October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2024
EMPLOYEE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
SUMMARY OF CHANGES AND SIGNIFICANT PROVISIONS
EFFECTIVE DATES: Three Year Agreement October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2024
SIGNIFICANT AND SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES
Article 2 CWA Activity
- (2.4) - The CWA Vice President or Stewards may be granted paid union leave for legitimate Union business upon the request by the Union President or his/her designee, as requested to the Chief of Employee and Labor Relations. Such leave shall not exceed one day and may be withheld if operational conditions do not permit.
- (2.7) - The Local Union President or his/her designee will arrange with the Employee and Labor Relations Division to meet with newly hired or transferred employees as part of the overall new employee orientation process to furnish them with information about the Union.
Article 10 Wages
- (10.1A - Effective October 1, 2021 – Three percent (3%) wage adjustment. Effective October 1, 2022–Two and a half percent (2.5 %) wage adjustment. Effective October 1, 2023 – Two and a half percent (2.5%) wage adjustment; premium payment - –$2500 within 60 days of ratification and council approval, $2500 in October 2022 - must be an employee on date of payment.
- (10.11) - Language added that would allow employees to be compensated for other languages as identified by management.
Article 11 – Pay and Incentives for College, Credit, Licenses and Certificates
- (11.1) - Added educational table: Correctional Services Counselor, Latent Print Examiner, Real time Crime Center Analyst – Credit requirements in addition to or within degree program – Monthly Differential (Paid Biweekly)
Article 14 – Meal Allowance
- (14.1) - Increased to $8.00.
Article 21 – Bereavement & Funeral Leave
- (21.2) - Raised maximum to 3 days for nieces and nephews.
Article 25 – Personal Leave (Plan H)
- (25.3B) - Usage of CELB – included “Parents” as immediate family.
- (25.3C) - Upon separation with greater than twenty (20) years of service, employees will be paid up to sixty (60) hours of accrued CELB hours.
Article 28 – Discharge and Discipline
- (28.F) – All disciplinary actions two (2) or more years old shall not be used against the employee.
- (28.G) - Upon conclusion of the two-year period, the employee may request that the Director of Employee Services seal the document as provided in Section 28.6(c).
Article 29 -Safety and Health
- (29.2C) – Raised shoe allowance to ($140.00) per year.
Contract voting will be held at CWA Local3106, 4076 Union Hall Pl Jax, FL 32205 on Wednesday August 4th from 10:00 am-7:00 pm & Thursday August 5th from 8:00 am-5:00 pm
A Representation will be on site to answer any questions or concerns