CWA D3 ATT SE Bargaining Report #9
Jul 18, 2012
Some headway has been made at the bargaining table. Tentative agreements have been reached on the following proposals:
• Contract language clean up in multiple articles
• Elimination of retention differential and fast track in article 4.07(m)
• Change in technology, changes time frame from six months to three months in article 8.02
• Removing term employees from the contract. Current terms would be allowed to complete their term. Extends temporary to 24 months and retain the 10% maximum.
• Allow MSC’s to opt out of the uniform program
• Allow current employees in the personal vehicle program to opt out
• Provisions to place union officers on leave of absence automatically when they exceed time limits.
• Agreed to use random number seniority tie breaker draw for surplus and other matters addressed by selectors.
• Reassignment of an employee one step outside bargaining unit by selection criteria. This would not include a manager that had never been craft to come into the bargaining unit, unless the position is going to be filled from the street.
• Increase UA time for Local Presidents
Bargaining is now in sub-committee where the real bargaining takes place. Please continue all mobilization efforts as they have never been more important.